We understand that the dream of home ownership can be challenging. In addition to traditional lenders, Keystart, the State Government's lending arm, offers a range of home loan options, including their low deposit loan. Find out about Keystart's low deposit home loan. 

Finance for Shared Home Ownership

Depending on your income and household size, Opening Doors (the Housing Authority) will contribute up to 30% of the price of your home.

Later, when you can afford it, you may be able to purchase all or part of the Housing Authority's share. You can also sell your share. 


  • You ideally earn between $50,000 and $70,000 (for individuals) or less than $90,000 (for couples and families)
  • You are over 18 years of age
  • You are a permanent resident of Western Australia
  • The property will be your primary residence
Contact Keystart to see if you qualify. 

Shared HOme Ownership Qualification guide

Want to own your own home?

  • I am / we are:

    • I am a single applicant earning a maximum gross income of $70,000 per year, or

    • We are a couple/family earning a maximum gross income of $90,000 per year, or

    • I/We work in the North West of WA (above the 26th parallel) earning a maximum gross income of $110,000 per year and I/we would like to purchase a property and live in the North West area

  • I am a permanent resident of WA

  • I am 18 years of age or older

  • I will live in the purchased property as my principal place of residence

  • The above is not a full list of Keystart's eligibility criteria. It is an indication only

Choose a home